Saturday, September 7, 2013

Open Your Eyes

I have spent over an hour thinking about what’s lost. And of course, this is not the only hour I have doing that. It’s not even the first hour of me having done that. I have done this far too often. I don’t beat myself up about it because I understand people feel regret. And I let myself feel it too. Is there an upper limit as to “how much” or for how long you are allowed to mope over the past? I guess not. You may go on for as long as you like.
The only unfortunate part about going on is that when you choose to regret about the past, you are actually choosing to not move on. In the split second when you choose to wallow is self-pity, in that very same moment you have chosen to overlook everything else that is actually “okay” in your life and focus all your energies on the past, which mind you, you cannot change. The other aspect being that it is an entirely unproductive exercise. But still we indulge. I guess it’s time to toughen up and learn to take life’s experiences in your stride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment